New York Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Position: Development Assistant
Terms of Employment: Regular Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Location: 125 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004 (currently hybrid)
Salary: $40,840 - $54,302
Application Deadline: January 1st, 2023
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 180,000 members and supporters, and seven offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information, please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.
DEI VISION STATEMENT
The NYCLU affirmatively values the humanity and contributions of those we work with, inside and outside of the organization; and will take action to build and sustain an equitable, anti-racist culture that centers the voices and experiences of marginalized and directly impacted people and communities, and an organizational environment where all people feel valued, trusted, and respected. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve and actively recruit people of color, women, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people.
The Development Assistant's purpose is to ensure the development staff have the support and resources they need so that projects run on time and efficiently and the team communicates effectively.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Assistant will undertake a range of tasks and responsibilities that facilitate and coordinate the activities of development staff, under the direction of the Deputy Director of Development and with a dotted line relationship to the Development Officer, Resources and Data Management:
Event Support (40%)
- Assist with ACLU/NYCLU cultivation and fundraising events, including the LGBT Rights Cocktail Party and the Sing Out for Freedom concert;
- Assist with the logistics of donor and corporate sponsor communications and event benefit fulfillment, including e-blasts; monitor Department's email accounts;
- Assist with cultivation events including digital;
- Work with Development Associate to design and develop event materials using platforms such as Canva;
- Manage inventory and distribution of department's public materials;
- Coordinate cultivation and appeal mailings, including on-time execution, donor list review by leadership portfolio managers, work with printer and mail house and personalized in-house solicitation mailings;
- Assisting with LG special events and initiatives
Resources and Data Management Support (30%)
- Maintain database entry and clean up data in Salesforce to track activity and key moves of Leadership Gifts Officers
- Support the Leadership Gift team's portfolio set-up, churn and proposal set up;
- Assist with conducting research on newly identifies prospects;
- Provide additional administrative support for the Leadership Gifts team which may include scheduling team meetings, maintaining department calendar and coordinating logistics;
- Assist with running donor reports and processing gifts and acknowledgments;
General Administrative Support (30%)
- Support creation of annual and project workplans; maintain workplans in project management software;
- Assist in planning and facilitating internal and external meetings, including taking notes and meeting set up; coordinate team building activities;
- Organize, clean-up, and maintain electronic and hard-copy files;
- Work with Finance Department to reconcile department expenses and request payments;
- Assist with budget planning and tracking;
- Work with other departments on specific projects, as assigned; and
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum one year of experience as an administrative or executive assistant, or related;
- Committed to developing and maintaining effective relationships with others, including commitment to values and principles of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Sound judgement in maintaining donor confidentiality;
- Results-driven with demonstrated ability to track progress and meet goals, with a bias towards getting things done efficiently;
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects on-time, under tight deadlines; ability to handle stress and pressure effectively;
- Strong Customer Service skills: views their work as supporting team success by helping to make other team members' work as easy and straightforward as possible;
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar fundraising database strongly preferred;
- Experience with project management such as Asana and design software such as Adobe Suite, Canva, Figma a plus;
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as research skills;
- Understanding of civil rights, civil liberties and social justice, and commitment to supporting efforts to uphold them; and
- Willing to work occasional overtime or irregular hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter that includes your unique qualifications for this position, and where or how you learned of this job posting via https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1417017/New-York-Civil-Liberties-Union-Foundation/Development-Assistant. If feasible, please submit these materials as a single PDF.
The NYCLU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the communities that we serve.
The NYCLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
This position may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
Share On :